“You can have relationships and discussions with people on FriendFeed without them actually being a part of your network”
I finally decided to check out this friendvenn app and was actually surprised at some of the names I saw that don’t follow me. There is no reason I should have made the assumption they cared about my content, but I did. What I realized is that you can have relationships and discussions with people on FriendFeed without them actually being a part of your network. I hadn’t really thought about this before. Not directly, anyway.
As for those people that don’t follow me, there was some discussion on
Not being part of the popular clique myself, I wouldn’t know anything about dealing with a huge number of followers. What I do know is this:
- Stuff that is probably boring, not interesting, or blatant crap won’t stick on the first few pages of FF
- The Hide feature is quite useful in trimming the fat
- FriendFeed users (FriendFeeders?) may very well need better ways to figure out who to subscribe to. I mean, how do you deal with hundreds of Follows? View each person’s feed? *shudder*
“I would like a personal message from all A-Listers explaining why they don’t follow me”
I am a bit curious as to why some people haven’t followed me back:
- Did I say something wrong?
- Is it because I’m black?
- Is it the missing LinkedIn Profile?
- Does my breath stink?
In the end, it really is just curiosity. If I was to ever post something interesting, it would probably get Liked by someone they do follow. What I wonder is, have people made a conscious decision to ignore me? If so, I would probably be a better person for knowing why.
So, I would like a personal message from everyone on my list explaining why they don’t follow me. Oh…wait…they won’t see this anyway. Nevermind.